I’ve been living in the van full time for one month now. Here are some lessons I’ve learned.
- It’s hot in the van! Even if you’re in the shade. Even if all the windows are open. Even if it’s not so hot outside.
- Ice melts fast! Even in the heavy duty ice chest I invested in (though much better than the cheap one I had, and totally worth the investment).
- Those glad wannabe tupperware things…. not waterproof!
- Organization organization organization.
- Nobody really notices you! You only think they do. It’s like when you’re a teenager an you have a little pimple… you think everyone sees it and points, but really no one does!
- Don’t worry so much about where to sleep. It’s a waste of gas!
- I really need a better source of power inside the van.